Digital Content Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Durant, OK 74701
Southeastern Oklahoma State University’s department of University Marketing invites applications for the Digital Content Manager position.
This role will develop and deliver thoughtful, engaging, and vibrant content that tells the Southeastern story through its various digital channels, including its website and social media pages. This position is an integral part of the University Marketing team who is responsible for the content that appears on the University website, serves as the web liaison within other departments, and trains staff on use of a content management system. This position not only manages the website but would also serve as the primary contributor to social media management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop creative, vibrant and engaging digital content and user experiences that are consistent with institutional priorities and work to strengthen the Southeastern brand.
Act as the primary manager of the University’s website, ensuring all content is current and relevant with regular maintenance within its WordPress-based Content Management System. Duties include but are not limited to, writing original content for various programs and departments, adding news and event information, creating new pages, updating various content pages as requested and maintaining overall standards for appearance and usability, and conducting training for key personnel who contribute to the website.
Handle simple graphic edits and video file conversion tasks as needed.
Regularly consult with various University departments and offices to support their strategic goals, and seek opportunities to inform, coach, and educate the University’s various internal constituencies on brand, web content, and social media policies as well as best practices.
Manage the University’s institutional social media channels, develop dynamic monthly content calendars and manage and respond to all social communities, messages, and comments. Keep up with trends in social networking strategies.
Continually pursue new opportunities to advance the University’s digital presence and communicate with our various external audiences.
Develop and enforce policies associated with the University’s website and social media presence that are carefully considered, planned, and communicated throughout campus.
Use Google analytics to track engagement and to identify opportunities to improve the institution’s digital experiences for users. Continually optimize existing web pages and digital properties to support institutional goals.
Engage in self-education opportunities to adapt to new technologies and pursue regular professional development and engagement with the field through research, publications, presentations, and/or contributing to discussions and developments.
Coordinate with IT to ensure all Website applications confirm to University’s security standards.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (FUNCTIONS, DUTIES)
1. Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to report to the assigned duty station at the scheduled time. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
2. Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the University.
3. Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the University. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working environment.
4. Safety: Employee works safely, attends safety training offered/required, and follows appropriate safety rules and regulations. In relation to level of NIMs training completed, participates in incident management preparation and performs incident duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated experience with content writing, website management, and social media platforms.
• Must possess basic creative skills and have the ability to initiate and complete work with little supervision.
• Experience creating, writing, and editing marketing content for the web and in growing a social audience; and a willingness to adjust content strategy based on performance metrics.
• Experience managing websites in WordPress or a similar CMS
• Excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a willingness to contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• A brand publisher mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create content that is attractive to each audience of the University.
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, English, marketing or related field of study or a minimum of five years’ work experience that directly correlates with the skills needed in this position.
• Present an extensive portfolio that includes a variety of projects using multiple creative and technical skills.
• Experience analyzing and utilizing Google Analytics
• Three years or more of direct experience managing websites, web-based applications, and website content
• Experience in training others who contribute to the website.
• Experience in an educational environment.
• Familiarity with video filming and editing.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a national criminal and sex offender background check. Review of applications begins immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply send an Application for Staff Employment , letter of interest, resume, and unofficial transcripts or e-copies from each institution of higher education attended. (If selected, official transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required upon date of hire) to:
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Human Resources, Administration Building 309
425 W. University Blvd.
Durant, OK 74701
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. SE participates in E-Verify. www.se.edu
SE is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.