Direct Care Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74136-1056
Additional provisions to general agreement
Expected Performance: HTS’s are hired to work with disabled individuals in their homes and assist them in performing and maintaining a healthy living environment. As such, employees should maintain a pleasant, positive attitude and appearance while working in the individual’s homes. HTS’s are expected to be at work on time and ready to work.
Transportation: All staff are required to have reliable, safe transportation in good working order (such as working heat, air conditioning, and working seat belts) to transport service recipients to their activities and appointments.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The HTS is responsible for the care and treatment of one to three persons who have a developmental disability and are living in their own residence. The HTS is required to be at least 18 years old. Due to the nature of the individuals the employee is working with, passing a criminal background screening is required for all employees.
Duties of the Employee
1. Provides direct care to the service recipients in accordance with the goals and objectives of the
service recipients Individual Plan (IP).
2. Provides input to the IP regarding behavior difficulties and implementation strategies.
3. Develops and follows a daily activity schedule for the service recipient.
4. Reports any and all incidents and accidents to the House Manager (HM), and completes the
appropriate paperwork to document them.
5. Assists the service recipient in all aspects of personal hygiene.
6. Assists the service recipient in dressing and dress training.
7. Assists the service recipient in selecting recreational activities in which to participate and participates with
the consumer in these activities.
8. Helps the service recipient to make choices.
9. Assists the service recipient in selecting and preparing food for meals. Maintains a weekly menu and shopping list.
10. Advocates for the best interest of the service recipient.
11. Maintains appropriate forms and records as directed.
12. Acts respectful at all times to the services recipient and other staff.
13. Assist the service recipient in maintaining the consumer’s residence in a neat and healthy condition. This includes any housekeeping duties (i.e., laundry, vacuuming, mopping, grocery shopping, etc.) the consumer is not capable of performing him/herself.
14. Assist the service recipient in money management.
15. Encourages and participates with the service recipient in social activities with peers and the community in general.
16. Performs other reasonable job-related duties as assigned.
17. Adheres to all current DQC, State, and Federal policies.
18. Responsible for checking their work schedule as needed.
19. Notifies their supervisor when unclear regarding training, any instructions, or policy interruption.
20. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
21. Must attend all needed training and in-services that are required for the service recipients you will be working with. Must have all required DDS training within the required time frames.