Adjunct - Human Physiology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73163
- Job Summary
To teach Human Physiology for the 2019 Fall Semester and develop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain student and course records.
2. Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
3. Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
4. Provide continuing education experiences for the community.
5. Completes all mandatory training.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.
*The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. *
- Position Qualifications
Master’s degree in subject area required, or Master’s degree + 18 graduate credit hours in subject area required, or Bachelor’s degree plus industry certification/experience for technical program faculty only
Must have educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documented specialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning Commission’s publication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program. Programs with discipline-specific external accreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English. Requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and Internet.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
Other performance measures:
- **Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact and diplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns are required.
Ph.D. in related field
Working Conditions: ****
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations