Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Catoosa, OK 74015
An Estimator II is responsible for developing project cost estimates for multiple trades, this will require a knowledge of the work being performed and the ability to do quantity take-offs from the available documents and enter those into a standardized database. The estimate will need to be organized to meet the companies and clients expected structure.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Prepare estimates by calculating takeoff elements of the work accurately and assign them to the appropriate items in the database.
- Solicit subcontract and vendor pricing utilizing uniform corporate structure and evaluate returned bids for completeness.
- Be familiar with construction work and terminology.
- Identify deficiencies in the drawings and understand the need for scope clarifications, Draft scope clarifications as needed.
- Develop quantity based estimates from partial information.
- Understand work sequence and assist in the development of a resource loaded proposal schedule.
- Estimate the requirements for craft support labor, staff, equipment and facilities.
- Organize the estimate in a manner required to meet the needs of the project.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and capable of working independently.
- Provide guidance to field personnel and level I estimators when they help the team.
- Constructability assessments e.g. installation access, man lifts, scaffolding, cranes, etc.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 4+ years of appropriate field and/or office experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or 8+ years of field and/or office experience if no degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an estimator or a field engineer involved with estimating or cost monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Have the ability to quickly visualize the finished product from the drawings and other documents provided.
- Good basic mathematical comprehension.
Employer’s Job# ESTIM02440
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.