Information Technology Support Specialist (IT Support Specialist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
The information technology (IT) support specialist position will be devoted to all aspects of computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and maintenance. This position also includes handling how computers connect to each other and/ or the rest of the network; printing, both locally and on the network; and auxiliary devices such as tablets, PDAs, and smartphones. The position also includes the management of corporate helpdesk and may require some physical activity such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling in tight spaces.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and route tickets using Corporate Helpdesk software
• Work closely with IT staff on projects and handle all incoming calls
• Maintain and troubleshoot devices, systems, hardware, and software
• Document system performance, bugs, debugging, and program requirements
• Follow maintenance protocols to ensure systems are secure and ready for users
• Ability to complete large IT projects and provide custom documentation
• Maintain and update IT asset management inventory software
• Utilize the latest in deployment utilities to configure and deploy new computers, phones, software, and peripherals for office employees.
• Ability to setup webinars and conference calls using corporate standard software
• Ability to follow detailed procedure sheets and setup instructions
• Able to work Independently on specific support related tasks
• Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of computer support, diligent, and analytical
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Prior experience in providing great customer service, offering advice, training, solutions, and guidance
• Technically sound in Microsoft products
• Must have high school diploma with at least two years of college or vocational school in an area of Information Technology, or 2 years of relevant IT experience.
• A+, Net+ preferred
Essential Physical Functions: Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time. Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time. Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time. Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time. Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time. Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.