Quarry Worker - Pawhuska, OK
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pawhuska, OK 74056
Job ID:? 153034
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Quarry Worker today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Keep work platforms clean and free of material
- Operate skid steer to maintain quarry access point.
- Complete cleanup assignments mainly with hand-held tools; work safely around moving and/or rotating equipment while using the required personal protective safety equipment.
- Perform a pre-operational check, servicing of and operation of all assigned mobile equipment.
- Operate light mobile equipment as trained and directed.
- Run crushing plant as directed.
- Assist with plant repairs as needed.
- Perform cleanup with water avoiding unsafe conditions of water on motors and other electrical equipment and be able to work and move hoses safely while standing on slippery surfaces.
- Keep foreman informed of any problems affecting assigned work.
- Be aware of environmentally sensitive areas and be alert to correct environmental problems that may develop in the assigned work area.
The ideal candidate will:
- ? Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- ? Pass a pre-employment ?Fit for Work? physical.
- ? Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- ? Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- ? Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- ? Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- ? Report to work at the designated start time.
- ? Be able to work overtime when required.
- ? Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- ? Climbing, stretching, driving/steering, sitting, twisting, vibration, riding on rough terrain.? Use of hand tools such as ??? wrenches and screwdrivers.
- ? Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- ? Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co?workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- ? Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- ? Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience preferred
- Technical education or certificate on basic welding and fitting
- Welding Certification approved by State is preferred, but not required
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas?has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
?EOE/Vet/Disability—If you want to know more, please click on this?link.?
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO