Senior Software Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norman, OK 73069
Senior Software Developer (WD30053171267)
What you will do
As part of the Advanced Technology Department of the Ducted Systems business unit, this hands-on position will support development of software tools used for simulating HVAC equipment. These tools are used by design engineers across for design, troubleshoot and to generate rating data for HVAC equipment. This position requires experience building enterprise applications in .NET and a strong background in working with databases like SQL Server. The candidate must passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and frameworks in order to build optimized web and backend systems.
How you will do it
- Support development of the next generation modeling tools as a member of the Simulation and Modeling team
- Translate business requirements into architectural design
- Participate in development of web-based user interface and come up with creative ideas to improve user experience
- Design and execute queries on SQL server databases; work with JCI database management team during version upgrades of existing modeling tools
- Perform bug fixes and enhancement to the existing code base
- Manage and maintain in-house hardware; work with JCI IT services to manage and maintain virtual servers
- Adhere to best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methods
- Document projects and work using established guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to travel 5% of time
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field plus 5 years of related work experience
- Experience with SQL servers, LINQ to SQL
- Experience in deployment of web applications or windows applications on Microsoft IIS server
- Experience in release management, windows server management
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for task/bug tracking
- Previous experience working within an Agile framework and at writing automated unit tests
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to quickly changing technologies
- Experience as a full stack developer (UI, middle-tier and database)
- Experience with development in cloud environments like Azure/AWS
- Experience with Angular 2
- Experience with design patters – factory, abstract factory, singleton, repository pattern, unit of work
- Passion for speed and optimization within the development process
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.