Senior SCADA Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
This position provides support for the design and operation of SCADA system processes and information to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity and usability of the SCADA system and the information and processes contained within the system. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal, external and 3rd party vendors required to accomplish SCADA business goals. The Senior SCADA Engineer understands and performs technical functions needed to configure, maintain, design and troubleshoot the SCADA systems and the processes and support applications associated with the system. The Senior SCADA Engineer is a bridge between the SCADA system and the end-users.
This position requires comprehensive knowledge within a functional area. Work is performed under general direction and is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives and to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult and complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the objective of the organization. May train and mentor less experienced professionals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan or support all phases of moderately complex projects.
- Design, configure, upgrade and maintain SCADA system.
- Support multiple, complex and/or advanced application systems and business processes.
- Act as data expert for business intelligence projects and activities.
- Develop moderately complex queries and applications to support current/future business operations.
- Configurations and provides maintenance of the SCADA system.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Maintain understanding of future direction of application system technologies/products and participate in the determination of tactical and strategic upgrades necessary to meet business requirements.
- Conduct moderately complex technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current systems.
- Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems.
- Analyze current or proposed business procedures and/or problems to define long-term strategic requirements and short-term solutions.
- Provide appropriate and timely moderately complex technical advice to internal customers on matters relating to SCADA.
- Review, analyze, develop, design and implement methods to satisfy internal and external reporting needs and requirements; utilize personal computer and applications computer software for both calculation and informational reporting.
- Prepare special reports requested by system control, engineering, executive or other departments; this may involve extensive research, analysis, programming, and compilation of various data.
- Mentor less experienced SCADA Engineers.
- Demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct and other Company policies and procedures, and take all required training courses.
- Demonstrate respect for all individuals and adhere to the Company’s values and business practices.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering or other technically related field
Employer’s Job# 540610500A4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement..