Electrical Project Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Muskogee, OK 74403
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific?s Consumer Products Division is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer for our towel and tissue mill in Muskogee, OK. This position is primarily responsible for providing electrical support to project teams in the development and implementation of projects at the mill. This individual will also provide technical support to maintenance and operations.
The Muskogee Mill is located on the Kerr-McClellan Navigational Channel (Arkansas River) on about 640 acres of land. The non-union facility includes approx. 70 acres (or 2.9M sq. ft.) ?under roof? and employs more than 800 employees. Muskogee is about 40 minutes from Tulsa, OK. Tulsa is the second largest city in Oklahoma and offers many things to do.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing electrical engineering design support for capital projects of all sizes
- Providing electrical equipment specifications, including cable / wire sizing
- Designing, programming, modifying and maintaining PLC and HMI systems
- Working with plant-based personnel, corporate engineering groups, and external consultants to ensure the proper execution of large and small projects utilizing the GP Capital Project Work Processes
- Employing solid economic thinking to successfully implement strategic capital initiatives
- Safely and responsibly delivering project goals including product quality, production, schedule, and cost
- Using project management tools and techniques to complete all phases of a capital project including project scopes, estimates, design, procurement, construction, system start-up, and ensure GP requirements and applicable codes are met
- Providing electrical expertise in evaluating project alternatives, equipment, vendors and contractors
- Providing technical support to maintenance and operations
- Managing contractor work effort to support a project schedule
- Managing projects at 10,000% compliance relative to environmental, safety, and business practices
What You Will Need:
One of the following:
Bachelor?s Degree or higher in Engineering or Technology with two (2) or more years of experience in Project Engineering/Management in a manufacturing or industrial environment
High School Diploma or GED with six (6) or more years of work experience with hands-on programming, electrical engineering design, or project management in a manufacturing or industrial environment, focused on electrical requirements
- Experience with organizing and managing multiple projects
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with technical/electrical specifications, codes and drawings
What Will Put You Ahead?
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO