Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ardmore, OK 73401
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC), is North America’s largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Foreman. The role of the Diesel Service Foreman is to exercise direct supervision of Service Technicians and assist them when necessary in diagnosis of mechanical difficulties and recommending needed repairs. Assists the Service Advisor in greeting customers, selling service labor, writing repair orders and estimates the cost of repairs within set guidelines.
- Daily supervision of productive Service Technicians. Schedule and assign work as required.
- Works with the Service Manager in managing the Technicians and the scheduling of repairs to maximize work efficiency and quality of work performed.
- Work with customers on scheduling work in the shop.
- Check and review work in process and follow-up for completion as scheduled and exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Work with the Service Manager in setting sales and gross profits objectives which are realistic and attainable.
- Inspects and, if necessary, road test vehicles upon completion of work to insure quality of repairs performed.
- Keeps the Warranty Manager advised of all warranty in process. Assures that all necessary information pertaining to warranty and policy claims are obtained and recorded on the repair order, and that all warranty parts are properly tagged and placed in warranty room.
- Performs productive work as required.
- Informs Service Manager of all customer complaints so that they may be handled before the vehicle leaves the shop.
- Investigates policy expense and takes appropriate action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assists in maintaining a clean shop area and making sure that special tools and shop equipment are in proper operating condition.
- Promotes safe work habits. Reports safety and security violations to the Service Manager.
- Keeps the Branch, Office and/or Service Manager informed on shop bills which might run over customer credit limits or will require approval.
- Pre-plans part requirements.
- Participates in training to stay current of warranty and technical issues.
- Assists in opening and closing repair orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential – a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- OEM Continued Education
- Safety Incentives
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification
- Uniforms and Laundry Service
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training
- CDL preferred
- Minimum of four years experience in a related field, which should include proven service background and knowledge of warranties
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good employee and customer service skills
- Good leadership abilities
- Positive can-do attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/D Isabled