Director of Human Resources
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
The Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown is a landmark location in hospitality and is seeking a Director of Human Resources to lead the department for the property. Operated by Crescent Hotels and Resorts, who is the leader in hospitality management, this property seeks an upbeat and highly qualified individual with the ability to lead and mentor at a thriving property. Crescent offers exceptional benefits and career path’s and is a company which consistently is rated a one of the best companies to work for.
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function. To include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Provides guidance and support to management staff and hourly associates.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist and support management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates. Ensure compliance with Crescent hiring practices. Confirm and verify that new and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility documents. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Conduct annual wage comparative survey within competitive set. Ensure compliance of federal, state wage and hour laws and the Fair Labor Standard Act.
3. Conduct all mandatory Crescent training programs. Ensure brand training is completed for brand Quality Assurance audit, if applicable. Assist department managers to ensure on the job training is completed in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate & monitor hourly and management performance evaluation process. Assist department managers in writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals. Ensure merit increases are equitable and
processed in a timely manner.
5. Support & coordinate all Crescent, human resource initiatives & business practices. Create an atmosphere of being the employer of choice.
6. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and Crescent safety training program. Manage all worker compensation and guest liability claims.
7. Assist with the coordination of benefits with Crescent’s benefit administrator for new hires, current & terminated associates. Assist associates with requests. Director of Human Resources for FMLA & personal LOA paperwork and coordinates the collection of insurance premium payments.
8. Ensure hotel departments are entering weekly schedules into web-based time keeping software. Provides weekly payroll reports to General Manager and department managers. Assists with processing of weekly/bi-weekly payroll by reviewing department time edits and pay code updates. Reviews & signs off on final pre-transmission report to ensure accuracy of payment for weekly/bi-weekly payroll.
9. Support, engage and guide department managers with the assistance of General Manager to develop a positive learning environment
Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 9763601
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement..