In-House Driver Trainer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ardmore, OK 73401
In-House Driver Trainer
Category (Portal Searching)
Location: Ardmore, OK Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI) Reports To: Transportation Manager
Your Role: To prepare and conduct training programs for current Dot Transportation, Inc. drivers and newly hired drivers and assist with the Driver Training Program at all locations.
- Assigns new drivers to driver trainers and monitors the progress of new drivers in coordination with local Transportation management.
- Conducts recurrent accident training & Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Hours of Service training.
- Maintains driver training curriculum and develops course materials and evaluation testing.
- Assists with pre-hire road trip evaluations.
- Coordinates/conducts all OSHA required driver power equipment training and certifications for compliance.
- Assists with job fairs, recruiting programs, and safety awareness in the community.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel to internal events and trainings. Must have ability to travel independentlyas needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
We Need You To Have:
- A safe driving record
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong planning and organizational skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Effective presentation skills
- Professional training, teaching or instructing experience
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazardous endorsement or willingness to obtain within 6 months
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- A friendly working environment
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of s ex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, s exual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
EOE/AA Employer- We will not discriminate in our employment practices due to applicant’s race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, veteran or disability status