ASME Mechanical Engineer III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74101
ASME MECHANICAL ENGINEER III
North America, USA, Oklahoma, Tulsa
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2017 revenue was greater than 1.1 Billion USD ( 885m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components. Job Description
As a member of the CL2 (Core Level 2) product team, the engineer will design and engineer ASME pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and piping systems. This position involves a high degree of latitude and creativity to solve problems in a fast paced atmosphere. The engineer will guide drafting on the creation of general arrangement drawings as well as being responsible for technical aspects of instrumentation, controls, product application, installation, and testing. This position reports directly to the CL2 Supervisor.
- Performs system design including application analysis, overseeing development of drawings, specification review and selection of instrumentation including pressure, level and temperature switches and transmitters.
- Directs preparation of product layout and detailed drawings or schematics.
- Directly or indirectly involved in the creation of calculations, GA drawings, detail drawings, BOM, datasheets, and any special manufacturing details as required.
- Interacts with internal departments such as Planning, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing to clarify or resolve problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with pressure vessel designs per ASME Section VIII, and IX
Demonstrates the ability to complete complex projects on time and on budget
Manages multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Possesses advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Employer’s Job# JCNA00670
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.