QC Technician - Oklahoma City, OK
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Job ID:? 152701
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America?s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales,?APG operates across 36?states and 5?Canadian provinces through a network of over 195?operating locations and more than 6,500 employees. ????
Responsible for monitoring and documenting compliance with the AGP Total Quality Control Program and QC specifications standards established by the Ash Grove Packaging Group.?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory testing and document the results as required
- Performs sieve analysis on aggregates (concrete, sand, and gravel) and related products on a regular basis
- Performs moisture content analysis?
- Determines color matching on products by and wet method
- Performs daily checks on weights & checkweighter on each line with?50 lbs test weight
- Track bag weights and assess for standard deviations
- Reviews batch tickets to ensure that weights meet desired specifications
- Ensures correct formulas are used in production and in all products
- Track outside scale calibration and records
- Sends out Quality Assurance samples for independent testing
- Enters data into Excel spreadsheets and maintains quality records
- Informs Plant Manager of non-conforming products, and provides a daily activity report to the plant manager
- Support in internal and external audits
- Compiles reports for quality control director and plant manager
- Attends team meeting/safety meetings and complies with safety policies
- Keeps lab clean and organized at all times?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.? The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent Vocational Training/Certification, other related experience or combination thereof
- Familiar with lab equipment
Knowledge of ASTM standards for manufactured concrete products
Knowledge of parts and basic assembly of molds
Knowledge of concrete product sizes, shapes, and colors
The ability to record, evaluate, and report resulting data into spreadsheets?
Strong numerical skills
Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and directions
Knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
Computer literate experienced with Microsoft Office software