Engineering Technician Trainee - Tulsa, OK
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74152
Come work for a team that is ready to help you grow your new career in Construction Materials Testing! If you enjoy working outside and collecting data that is key to the proper construction of a building or other structure, then becoming an Engineering Technician may be the perfect fit for you!
This is an entry level position that exists for the purpose of training incumbents to perform field and laboratory testing tasks. The incumbent will be trained under the supervision of a higher level technician or manager. Tasks include, but are not limited to, sample collection, sample preparation, sample testing, field observations, and documentation of construction activities pertaining to soil, concrete, grout, mortar and asphalt. The position requires the incumbent to clearly identify, verbally communicate, and document test results and activities on a daily basis.
Here’s a few videos to see exactly what our technicians get to do in the field. Enjoy!
Building & Earth offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Account, and Group Short Term Disability and Life Insurance plans. Starting Rate of Pay ranges from $13.00 per hour to $14.00 depending on experience.
- Review specifications for civil and structural plans and identify sections applicable to the scope of work
- Perform tests and observations according to project requirements
- Submit daily field reports to document testing and field observations
- Document and communicate non-conforming items to designated project supervision
- Clean, maintain and calibrate all assigned equipment according to applicable codes and standards
- Learn how to transport, operate and care for a nuclear density gauge as assigned, meeting all safety, care and maintenance guidelines as outlined in the Radiation Safety Program Policy.
- No prior knowledge of testing or field observation is required.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential test records and to prepare easily understandable reports for documentation.
- Skilled in the use of computers and common software applications.
- Ability to learn company specific software and programs.
- Ability to be trained and to follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to dress, speak & act professionally and appropriately
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and adhere to all company guidelines for operation and safety.
Job ID: 2019-1489
- of Openings:* 1