Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74117
Career Opportunity: Page 1
Position: Welder A
Location: Tulsa, OK
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Perform manual and semi-automatic welding on all types of materials, components and products. Shall collaborate and plan all operations on components, products and tolerances in order to meet production schedule requirements as directed by Production Manager.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Analyze and plan complex non-repetitive tasks.
- Instruct lower level welders on proper fabrication and welding techniques.
- Perform extremely difficult or complex welds or operations.
- Layout components or products in preparation for other operations according to drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure all welding meets specified job requirements.
- Cut and prepare holes in components or products utilizing plasma and oxy-fuel torches.
- Set, align, and string weld joints in preparation for manual and/or automatic welding.
Setup, adjust, and operate all types of manual and semi-automatic welding equipment (i.e. SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW) in accordance with the proper Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) in an efficient manner.
- Ensure welding is being done such that welds are capable of passing RT and UT requirements.
- Verify welding and material is in accordance with drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Perform pre-heat and post-heat operations.
- Perform all types of gouging operations.
- Maintain accurate welding and material records.
- Clean up welds by grinding, buffing, and/or other means to provide an acceptable surface condition.
- Report abnormal conditions of equipment to Production Manager.
- Observe and work in a safe and secure manner, comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Weld fixtures, temporary lugs, and other non-production items in accordance with the proper WPS.
- Perform small repairs and preventative maintenance on the welding equipment.
- Assist in placing and removing pieces, components, and products to/from the welding area.
Operate overhead cranes, forklifts, and other mobile equipment for the moving of material, components, and equipment from location to location within the plant.
- Perform general laborer duties as required (i.e. grinding, loading and unloading of trucks).
- Keep working area clean and perform housekeeping duties around the plant as required (i.e. pickup tools, roll-up hoses and cables, sweep).
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Required to pass Pre-employment welding test qualification requirements in GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SMAW as set forth by the Company.
- Ability to plan and use welding tools and equipment to perform a wide variety of complex tasks involving close tolerances.
Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings, documents, weld symbols, and WPS’s.
- Capable of performing math computations involving decimals and fractions.
- Working knowledge of different types of cutting equipment.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. up to waist.
- Requires 2 years minimum of job-related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability required
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which may include, but is not limited to: medical, dental, life insurance and flexible spending account.
All candidates will be subject to drug and alcohol screening and a background check prior to employment.
Submit your resume with the applicant data sheet or submit a completed employment application form to:
Postal Mail: Email:
208 N. Iron St. email@example.com
Paola, KS 66071
Attn: Human Resources
Taylor Forge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OBSERVE ALL SAFETY PRACTICES
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people holding this position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Incumbents will follow any instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required.