Radiographer-CT Technician I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Shawnee, OK 74802
Under supervision, operate stationary and portable radiology equipment to obtain routine diagnostic radiographs throughout the hospital. Under supervision, operate the Multislice CT unit to obtain diagnostic images.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing basic CT services for patient population served. Such tasks include, but are not limited to anatomical position, proper breathing instruction, and compliance with procedure protocols.
- Operate various radiology equipment in a safe, prescribed manner to insure quality, cost efficient, complete results with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Examine finished diagnostic radiographs and CT images for quality and completeness.
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patients and staff by using good positioning, exposure, and shielding habits.
- Identify, interview, and screen patients. Provide information regarding procedure, order verification, patient identification, and pre/post assessment.
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)®. Advanced registration by ARRT in CT within one year of employment.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
About SSM St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital -
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Organization: SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Shawnee-SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital (0024) 1102 W. MacArthur St. Shawnee, 74804
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 19505430