Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Durant, OK 74701
The Southeastern Oklahoma State University Aviation Sciences Institute invites applications for a Lead Flight Instructor position in the Aviation Department at the Durant, Oklahoma campus.
To assist the Chief Flight Instructor in all duties. Teach at least one academic class. Maintains a full load of flight students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaching flight students
Supervising Line Crew
Assist in compliance with FAA regulations
Assist the Chief Flight Instructor
Administer 14 CFR Part 141 stage checks and End of Course Exams
Supervising Line Flight Instructor
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (FUNCTIONS, DUTIES)
• Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to report to the assigned duty station at the scheduled time. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
• Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside of the University.
• Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the University. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working environment.
• Safety: Employee works safely, attends safety training offered/required, and follows appropriate safety rules and regulations. In relation to level of NIMs training completed, participates in incident management preparation and performs incident duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• REQUIRED: Flight Instructor Certificate with experience
• PREFERRED: Bachelor’s Degree
• PREFERRED: FAA Part 61 and 141 experience to teach initial flight instructor applicants
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment is contingent upon the results of a national criminal and sex offender background check. To apply send an Application for Staff Employment, letter of interest, resume, copy of all applicable certificates/licenses and unofficial transcripts or e-copies from each institution of higher education attended (If selected, official transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required upon date of hire) to:
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Human Resources, Administration Building 309
425 W. University Blvd. Durant, OK 74701, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SE is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SE participates in E-Verify.