Sr Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74119
“As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.”
This position is responsible for leading large complex projects or a program with a number of sub-projects; ensuring the project scope is aligned with the stated business objectives; setting and managing customer expectations; managing and escalating issues and changes; developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders to obtain project objectives while working in a matrix project environment; and having a thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and project management and enterprise processes.
- Bachelor Degree with 5 years project management experience OR 7 years project management experience.
- Familiarity and experience with Project Management Methodologies (i.e. Project Management Institute
- Understanding of project financial tracking including monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures
- Negotiations, influence others and manage conflict
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills, including meeting facilitation
- Balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with MS Office
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Health care acumen and HCSC experience
- Comfort/poise with senior management
- Experience with Lotus Notes
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, s exual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or s ex.