Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
THIS IS A PM SHIFT, 3:00PM TO 11:30PM
JOB OVERVIEW: To assure the proper washing and drying of laundry to keep Crescent’s high standards of quality.
REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
POSITION TYPE: Full time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
2. Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor. Sort and count articles to verify quantities on laundry lists. Soak contaminated articles in neutralizer solution in vat to precondition articles for washing.
3. Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
4. Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
5. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform all stages of linen processing.
8. Fold and stack clean, dry linens in designated place on linen carts.
9. Remove and properly dispose of damaged fabrics.
10. Comply with all safety and security policies.
11. Clean equipment.
12. Consistently practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English, can communicate well with guests
Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment
Ability to comprehend and apply written labeling instructions
Positive, energetic personality, willingness to learn and commitment to support and advance the image and reputation of the hotel.
At least 6 months laundry and/or housekeeping experience
1 year laundry and/or housekeeping experience in hospitality industry experience preferred
Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
Able to stand for long periods of time, reach above head level, bend, stoop, twist and lift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
Constant repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 9603599
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.