Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Austin, TX 78750
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is looking for an Lab Technician.The laboratory technician will work with alongside laboratory staff to perform chemical analysis and complete assigned projects and tasks in an ultra-high purity chemical facility producing chemicals used in the fabrication of semiconductor devices. The position hours are afternoon shift (M-Th, 4 day / 10 hrs each, starting at 10 am) after training and some flexible coverage on off-shifts will be required to support the 24/7 plant operations or special projects.
- Operate analytical instrumentation to ensure accurate results including: GC, ICP-MS, PLCs, pH meter, particle counter, scales, moisture detectors, spectrometers, clean room equipment and other advanced laboratory instrumentation
- Provide routine analytical support to operation/production units for product quality, environmental, and safety concerns. Role includes analysis of samples, process streams, reporting of results, and communication of results to the operations team
- Adhere to and support the Quality Assurance program at the site, inspect CofAs for incoming materials, approve material using various software systems
- Use multiple software packages including Microsoft Office, instrument vendor software, database software, ect. Experience with programming software (such as VBA) is a plus
- Ability to recognize existing problems, foresee potential problems, and implement measures to eliminate or reduce the probability of occurrence and/or minimize their impact.
- Work with chemicals such as acids, bases and other potentially hazardous compounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- 0-3 years of prior laboratory experience
- Hardware and lab analysis software packages
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi task, work as an individual contributor and as a member of a diverse team, a skilled problem solver, and have a strong passion for continuous improvement and quality
- Flexible with shifts and have the potential to grow into other responsibilities to support the laboratory
- Pay is $45K per year ($22.50 per hour)
- Contract-to-hire opportunity
- Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision offered
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today!