Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Direct Store Delivery
The General Worker is responsible for material handling activities associated with the timely loading, unloading, cleaning, and maintenance of product and materials at our DSD Branch Locations. This diverse role requires a multitude of activities including, but not limited to, light vehicle maintenance, product loading, order picking, recordkeeping, and cleaning.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors or trucks
- Reads load sheets and shipping orders, to determine items to be moved, gathered and/or distributed
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Assembles sales orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to route salesperson or branch management
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed on load sheets
- Loads sales inventory on trucks in specified sequence for route sales personnel
- Drives vehicles as needed to local outside maintenance vendors for regular or emergency repairs
- Maintains daily vehicle observation records as required
- Checks and documents branch cooler and truck temperatures
- Performs truck sanitation
- Performs minor light bulb replacement and tire depth checks as required
- Cleans around work areas inside and outside both the garage and general office areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communications skills, must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to use a pallet jack and forklift (powered industrial truck)
- A valid Driver’s License required and a valid CDL-B Driver’s License will be required within 90 days of start date
- Federal Regulations require the driver be at least 21 years of age
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, s ex, s exual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, s ex, s exual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.