Mechanical Project Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Mechanical Project Engineer
Mechanical Project Engineer (151004)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- This is a leadership position in the Engineering Flight of the 72d Civil Engineer Directorate at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
- Subject matter expert for mechanical engineering; responsibilities shall include the design and technical review of mechanical systems including, but not limited to; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Controls; Plumbing; Fire Suppression; Natural Gas Distribution; Compression Air, and Material Handling / Specialty Equipment such as cranes, elevators, and diesel prime movers for power generation.
- Perform HVAC designs for projects such as single or multi-storied barracks; academic complexes; aircraft flight control or simulation facilities; administrative, dining and multipurpose centers; medical complexes; schools, child development centers; chapels; industrial, manufacturing, and special process facilities; warehouse and storage buildings; machine shops; vehicle, weapons, and fuel cell repair shops; recreation and resource operations buildings; commissaries; refrigeration and cold storage buildings; aircraft corrosion control and paint stripping facilities.
- Provide leadership and serve as the principle point of contact for design teams within the Engineering Division for assigned projects from design startup through construction.
- Interact with other agency designers, project managers and top agency officials to resolve conflicts in criteria, develop design and contracting strategies which results in advertising, contract award and construction and/or renovation of mission essential facilities.
- Produces complete contract packages including, but not limited to independent government estimates, drawings and specifications; manage projects from the design phase through completion of construction/renovation.
- Analyze mechanical system design calculations/procedures
- Perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis to select the most cost effective building envelop and electrical/mechanical systems
- Reviews designs completed internally or by an outside A/E firm
- Calculate HVAC building loads using Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, or other building loads calculation programs designed for HVAC and energy simulation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- At least 7-10 years of mechanical experience
- Must have a PE
- Be willing to submit to a background check
- Knowledge of design for Department of Defense facilities
- Knowledge of the Internal Building Code, NFPA Life Safety Code, ASCE 7, AISC Standards, and Unified Facilities Criteria.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule).
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass the required government background check to perform the responsibilities HDR has been contracted to perform by the Air Force. In some cases this could mean, but is not limited to needing a Common Access Card network, access, restricted area badge, and/or a DOD security clearance at the Secret level."
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, s exual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.