FEMA - Environmental Planner (Nationwide Openings)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lawton, OK 73501
- Conducts site inspections and ensures that any proposed project actions comply with environmental, floodplain, historic preservation laws, regulations, and executive orders. Includes conducting environmental assessments and environmental impact statements as required.
- Assesses potential impacts to species and habitat on projects, prepares No Effect memos, conducts biological assessments and surveys to determine the existence of, and potential impact to, endangered species in accordance with criteria.
- Conducts surveys, assessments and reviews of other potential areas of impact such as water quality, wetland delineations, sole or principle drinking aquifers, prime farmlands and other ecologically significant or geographically unique areas.
- Performs analyses to ensure all reasonable alternatives have been evaluated in accordance with criteria and documented in written reports.
- Provides technical expertise to assist with Floodplain and Wetland Issues to support documentation needed for Executive Order 11988 and Executive Order 11990.
- Performs other duties as required.
FEMA – Environmental Planner (Nationwide Openings)
WAF Field Mod Fringe
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- 2 years of in-field experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, planning, engineering or related discipline.
- Domestic travel is required.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. CDM Smith is a major partner to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, Hazard Mitigation Assistance, and Risk Analysis. The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass an FBI background check.
- Working knowledge of the practical application of science and technology including application of principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Federal Regulations and Code.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and remain flexible.