Field Diesel Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Atoka, OK 74525
Position: Diesel Mechanic
Reports to: Equipment-Fleet Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
About ASI Construction LLC:
ASI Construction LLC is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Repair and troubleshoot equipment in the field in a safe and timely manner.
• Inspect equipment and schedule repairs before failure or breakdown.
• Schedule work to be performed with job supervisors in order to keep the equipment in shape without causing down time on the job.
• Recognize equipment failure and cause of failure to eliminate future problems.
• Communicate with supervisors on problems with equipment.
• Repair and maintain diesel and gasoline engines used to power machines, and construction machinery, using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, and machine tools.
• Troubleshoot and repair construction machinery, troubleshoot equipment performance problems, provide recommendations for problem resolution.
• Disassembles and reassembles engine systems in order to locate defects. Diagnose trouble and examines parts for defects and excessive wear.
• Have the ability to inspect, diagnose and repair many different types of construction components, such as, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems
• Exercise proper lockout/tag out procedures when necessary.
• Exercise safe working practices including use of required PPE at all times.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Performs preventive maintenance on construction machinery and equipment; and keeps proper reports and records of all tasks performed.
• Conducts diagnostic tests on engine systems and equipment to determine system faults.
• Reconditions repairs and replaces worn parts e.g. pistons, bearings, gears, valves, bushings, etc.
• Operates lathes, hand and power tools, boring machines, grinders and precision measuring instruments, welders, oxy/acetylene torch, lathes and testing equipment.
• Completes daily maintenance forms, repair logs, JHA’s (Job Hazard Analysis) and other required documents.
• Maintains communication with Supervisor and collaborates effectively with other mechanics;
• Accountable for all company assigned tools and equipment.
• Perform any additional assigned duties in a safe manner.
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Construction LLC is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
• Move heavy objects (94 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
• Move light objects (less than 94 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet);
• Heavy lifting with repeated stooping, carrying and bending continually over time (i.e., picks up materials and move to a different location);
• Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
• Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
• Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
• Must have vision equal to or better than is required for driving;
o If corrective lenses are required to achieve this level of vision, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective lenses or the required PPE.
o The employee may have to purchase eye glasses (safety glass, etc.) that are compliant with ASI’s Safety Program and OSHA/MSHA requirements;
• Must have good hand-eye coordination;
• Must have quick reaction times;
• Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
o If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
• Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
• Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
• Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
• Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
• Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
• Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
• Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
• Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
The Diesel Mechanic should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field and must be able to pass a background check. They should also possess a valid driver’s license.
The Diesel Mechanic should have a high school diploma and mechanical ability. Climbing, heavy lifting and other physically demanding tasks required, so applicant must be in good physical condition. This position requires travel.
At ASI Construction LLC, we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employees and their dependents
• 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
Dependent on Experience.