Regional Business Director - Mid-South Region
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a Regional Business Director.
The Regional Business Director will lead the Hospital sales specialty team for their Region, managing Account Managers in promoting and selling healthcare products to Institutional based healthcare providers. The Regional Business Director will be responsible for working with the Marketing and Commercial organizations in development and execution of the sales strategy and serve as a key information holder regarding the marketplace and thus, be able to react appropriately to that market as needed. They will also be responsible for delivering on all contractual obligations as agreed to by the client and Pacira.
Management & leadership of sales personnel in assigned Region
Work with key stakeholders in hospitals and health systems to ensure access to Pacira products
Hires, develops and oversees the work of a team of direct reports
Ensures Region meets/exceeds sales goals and targets
Leads Regional and territory business planning
Sets and monitors divisional operating and expense budgets to ensure compliance and optimal use of resources
Continuously tracks, monitors and reports on sales performance and progress
Works closely with Hospital specialists in the field; helping to optimize use of resources and maximize achievement of sales goals and targets
Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Pacira activities
Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BA/BS from an accredited college or university, MBA or other related graduate-level degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience within the hospital selling environment. OR experience preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of successful pharmaceutical, biologic/biotech, or medical device sales experience
- A minimum of 4 years Sales Management experience and a proven track record of success in the pharmaceutical or device market consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Prior Experience with Injectable products
- Prior surgical suite experience a plus
- Experience with Post surgical Pain products ( Highly Preferred)
- Previous experience Selling Elastomeric bags a plus
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech/or related product marketing or similar experience is preferred
- Previous account management or other Managed Care experience is a plus
- Knowledge of how to navigate the formulary process
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and coach sales representatives to success
- Proven ability to display Region leadership, performance management, and career planning
- Excellent English oral, written, and platform presentation communication skills
- Strong work ethic and customer focus orientation
Cross-functional teamwork with key stakeholders within the organization is required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Employer’s Job# 612-Oklahoma City
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.