Inspector - Weekend day
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Claremore, OK 74018
25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Quality Control Inspector position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will perform work inspecting the quality of the poles. Additionally, you will:
- Analyze and interpret prints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications
- Notify Supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems. Test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Maintain an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not acceptable
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they meet quality specifications
- Conduct business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate
- Write test and inspection reports describing results, recommendations, and needed repairs
- Actively participates in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policy and procedures
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to accurately use and read a tape measure, thread gauges, micrometer, protractor, and dial calipers
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Current certification or the ability to re-certify to ASN-TC-1A as a level I UT Examiner
- Certified as ASNT-UT-Level I
- Two years of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- One year of previous experience in a quality control or related position
- One year of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.