Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Purpose of Position: The Industrial Engineer; designs, develops, test, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
• Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
• Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
• Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
• Design new equipment or materials or recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
• Test selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications.
• Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
• Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
• Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas for management or engineering staff.
• Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
• Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
• Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
• Oversee or inspect production processes.
• BS degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Industrial Engineer.
• Experience in the creating technical documentation in a regulated environment is highly preferred
• Strong teamwork skills with a results oriented commitment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to stand, walk and climb to inspect equipment.
• Use of calipers and micrometers as needed
• Proficient using CAD, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS software
• Proficient using Microsoft Office
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Information Gathering – Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
• Planning and Organizing – Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequences of activities needed to achieve goals.