Delivery Driver (non-CDL)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Durant, OK 74702
The Delivery Driver transports and delivers customer orders to retail locations by following an established schedule. The position also performs routine maintenance on assigned vehicle by recording mileage, checking and scheduling maintenance needs such as oil changes and tire rotations.
Reports to: Transportation Manager
• Operate a delivery truck by delivering customer orders to retail locations and elsewhere in accordance with an established delivery schedule and accepted safety standards.
• Load and unload customers’ orders and other materials to assigned locations at each delivery stop and receive payment from customers as necessary.
• Record mileage, delivery loads and other important information as needed.
• Maintain truck by performing truck maintenance as assigned; scheduling routine maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.; and reporting vehicle condition problems or concerns.
• Clean and wash truck as needed.
• Performs additional duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of safe driving habits and procedures, including knowledge of the laws and regulations for the operation of motor vehicles.
• Knowledge of necessary maintenance requirements for automotive equipment, including use of hand tools and equipment required for vehicle maintenance.
• Knowledge of arithmetic – counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Skill in communicating effectively in writing or speaking as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to provide quality customer service by meeting the customer’s needs within the scope of company and position.
• Ability to drive vehicle safely and efficiently.
• Ability to perform the basic clerical tasks such as record keeping and form completion.
• Ability to effectively read and understand information contained in memoranda, reports and bulletins, etc.
• Valid driver’s license with no restrictions other than corrective lens. Possession of a clear driving record, with no more than two points.
• Must be over the age of 21.
• Cannot be a registered sex offender.
Equipment Used: Telephone, hand-held scanner, delivery vehicle and related automotive equipment, and hand tools for vehicle maintenance.
Working Conditions: Drive an enclosed truck; work outdoors while loading and unloading goods. Sometimes exposed to extreme temperatures while working outside.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing and stooping.
• Frequent bending, twisting and reaching when loading and unloading deliveries.
• Frequent talking and hearing; use of the telephone and in-person communication.
• Frequent use of near and far vision while driving and delivering products.
• Often lifting and carrying: 75 pounds or less.
• Often handling: processing, picking up, sorting and checking in orders, etc.
• Sometimes pushing and pulling: on wheeled hand truck/cart/dolly, containers weighing 75 – 300 pounds.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.