Supervisor Medical Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lawton, OK 73501
Supervisor Medical OperationsUnited States of AmericaR-0931092015 CSL Plasma
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for overseeing the applicant and return donor reception and registration processes.
• Supervise reception and medical staff.
• Assist management with daily center operations to include development of reception and medical staff, assessment and improvement of processes, troubleshooting issues and managing donor flow.
1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise daily activities of reception, medical, and customer service operations. Provide clear and consistent instructions and directions, conduct meetings, and clearly communicate performance expectations. May be required to perform tasks in work areas. Advise management of employee relation issues or escalated donor issues.
2. In conjunction with other management and supervisory staff, facilitate donor movement throughout the center minimizing donor wait time and processing.
3. Supervise reception and medical work areas activities to ensure proper handling of supplies and materials. Coordinate plans and deliver medical and reception staff training.
4. Repair or replace equipment in a timely manner. Update equipment status and documentation on a regular basis.
5. Ensure adequate reception and medical staffing to provide sufficient support based upon center size, structure and donor flow. Create schedules for direct reports per company procedures. Monitor time card procedures, attendance and overtime usage.
6. Conduct investigations, participate in root cause analysis, and develop recommendations for process improvement.
7. Participate with management in conducting performance appraisals and providing performance feedback. With management review and direction, document verbal and written coaching level corrective actions, as needed.
8. Participate, as appropriate, with management in the recruitment and selection of center operation staff.
9. Act as liaison for Center Medical Director and Divisional Medical Director. Coordinate Center Medical Director activities.
10. Follow and ensure staff adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures.
11. Comply with all local, state and federal regulations and laws to include, but not limited to: ADA, Civil Rights, EEOC, FDA, GHA, HIIPA, and OSHA.
12. Participate in selected Center Leadership meetings and present pertinent related medical topics. Conduct and document monthly medical meetings.
13. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
14. Provide medical oversight and guidance to center specialty and employee Hep B programs. Understand policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center, as applicable.
15. Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure sufficient operating supplies and forms are available. Comply with all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits, as applicable. Promote safety in all actions.
16. Maintain an environment free from harassment or intimidation of any employee by co-workers, management personnel or any external source. Immediately report (orally and/or in writing) all incidents of harassment to a manger and Human Resources.
17. Maintain professional image and confidentiality of all company records and information at all times.
18. Will be cross-trained in all technical areas and other functions to meet business needs.
19. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
20. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Active state licensure from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, naturopathic training program or medical school required OR
• Completion of a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school and only if also currently licensed as a physician or certified as an EMT in the state
• Supervisory experience and regulated environment strongly preferred
(physical & mental requirements)
• Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through sight, touch and smell
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens.
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Street Address1216 NW Sheridan Rd
Primary LocationCSL Plasma US – OK – Lawton 452
Full Time/Part TimeFull Time
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement