RN - Surgery - Bone & Joint
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73163
Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and provide nursing leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates and/or scrubs all surgical cases.
- Anticipate and plan individualized care for the patient based on knowledge of the surgical case and anticipate unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the circulator role, utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment used.
- Prioritize effectively, implement problem solving skills and perform in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Coordinate patient care assignments to personnel
supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Serve as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing expertise. Teaching and mentoring other less-experienced RNs and technicians.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN) as a CNOR preferred.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up objects
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
About SSM St. Anthony’s Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Organization: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-SSM Health Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony
Work Locations: SSM Health Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony (0096) 1111 N. Dewey Ave. Oklahoma City, 73103
Req ID: 19503713