Mechanical Engineer (Stress Analyst)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Houston, TX 77058
Cimarron is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to perform stress tasks in support of the Bombers program in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Performs durability and damage tolerance (crack growth) analysis (DaDTA) of critical structure.
- Performs classical static strength analysis.
- Creates and/or modifies finite element models (FEM).
Required Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Five or more years of directly related experience.
- Experience performing durability and damage tolerance (crack growth) analysis (DaDTA) of critical structure on aircraft.
- Experience performing classical static strength analysis on aircraft.
- Experience creating and/or modifying finite element models (FEM) and proficient in loads extraction.
- Experience with aircraft primary structure.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Boeing stress, fatigue, Boeing Stress Manual Book 2, and DaDTA methods.
- Experience sizing and analyzing permanent and/or temporary repairs of primary structure.
- Involvement in structural testing and/or strain gauge correlation.
- Experience supporting an Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP).*