Patient Access Rep II - Mercy Logan - PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Guthrie, OK 73044
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Patient Access Representative is often the first point of contact for our patients and therefore must represent Mercy with the highest standard of customer service, compassion and perform all duties in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy service standards.
The Patient Access Representative will facilitate all components of the patients’ entrance in to any Mercy facility. This may include scheduling, registration, benefit verification, pre-certification and financial clearance including pre-visit collection. The Patient Access Representative will be responsible for ensuring that the most accurate patient data is obtained and populated in to the patient record. This co-worker must have an exceptional attention to detail and maintain knowledge and competence with insurance carriers, Medicare guidelines as well as federal, state and accreditation agencies and serves as a mentor to fellow Patient Access co-workers.
- Greets every individual on the phone or in person with a smile and a warm, professional greeting.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers including our patients, visitors, co-workers, physicians, and insurance companies.
- Keeps all wait times to a minimum.
- Works effectively with other co-workers, clinical departments and clinics to accomplish work and departmental projects.
- Demonstrates positive and professional communication skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of patient records and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Ensures all patient information is secured and all paperwork is disposed of in appropriate confidential trash receptacles.
We’re all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years clerical experience required, some college preferred. Experience with medical terminology and insurance plans preferred. High School diploma required some college helpful.
Minimum skills, knowledge and ability requirements:
Employer’s Job# 791364
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.