Emergency Medical Tech I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ada, OK 74820
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responds to Emergency Medical Services calls, providing pre-hospital care in accordance with Oklahoma State Department of Health EMS Regulations and department protocols. Responsible for initial care and assessment of patients presenting to the emergency department. Assists the emergency department staff, respiratory department staff, and nursing staff in direct patient care including procedures to the individual EMT’s level of training. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Completion of an accredited Emergency Medical Technician course.
- Licensure: Current license by State of Oklahoma as EMT-Basic or EMTIntermediate. Valid Oklahoma drivers license with clean driving record.
- Certifications: Current National Registry of EMTs required. Current American Heart Association BLS required.
- Other: Radio communications skill essential. Must be able to interact with outside agencies such as law enforcement and receiving hospitals. Must be able to operate ambulance safely. Maintain currency in Emergency Vehicle Operations Course. Must be able to interact with Chickasaw Enterprises, ie Winstar Casino management and staff in positive manner that respects their organization yet projects Mercy Standards.
- Preferred Experience: One year EMS or health care activity preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: ACLS provider preferred. Certification in PALS and BTLS preferred.
- Preferred Other: CPR instructor status preferred Emergency Vehicle Operations Course completion
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply..
Employer’s Job# 783596
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.