Sales Account Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Muskogee, OK 74403
Sales Account Representative
When Custom Seating, Inc., was founded in 1982, the idea was to provide quality products at affordable prices. Today, 35 years later, we still follow the same basic principle. We started out as a small family business, and today, while we are no longer small, we are still a family. Our plant is complete with woodworking, metal, fiberglass, upholstery, powder coating, and design & engineering departments to create restaurant furniture. We are able to take a project from idea to completion all in one location.
The Sales Account Representative is in charge of maintaining existing company accounts while working efficiently to create new ones. They will provide excellent customer service for current and prospective clients. In addition, he/she will analyze possible business affiliations and develop strong connections to gain new leads. They will utilize company resources to keep track of sales, strategies and goals. The Sales Account Representative must know how to multitask and work under deadlines. They should possess strong knowledge of the sales process and have remarkable problem solving abilities. They are often required to follow organizational privacy and safety policies to comply with the Company’s or industry’s regulations. They may also design and use effective selling plans to create brand loyalty for their products or services. In addition, sales account representatives work on keeping customers with the Company by resolving customer needs. As part of their main duties, they will create quotes and contracts for services rendered and use company knowledge to recommend business options for clientele. Sales Account Representatives must have superior interpersonal and communication skills. They usually work in office environments with personal computers and telephones as their main tools. As such, they also must be proficient in the use of applications and team communication software.
- Oversee projects associated with assigned vendors
- Act as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Contact clients to understand their requirements and work on a sales plan
- Provide after-sales support to retain customers
- Ensure prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries
- Build strong client relationships, through regular communication
- Communicate product and pricing details clearly
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Report on the status of accounts
- Assist the sales manager as needed
- Support other sales members
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding or sales principles
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient in time management and problem solving
- Ability to receive feedback as a tool and not a hindrance
- Team player and willingness to collaborate with colleagues effectively
Required Education and Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related field required.
Experience in direct or inside sales, in a manufacturer setting preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.