Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74152
863400 – MED/SURG 2
7p – 7a
Hourly Full Time
See Education requirements below
This is NOT a training position. Qualified candidate must have already completed a CNA, AUA or equivalent in-patient care training program.
Job Summary:The Nurse Technician, within the scope of their practice, provides patient care under the supervision and direction of an Oklahoma State Licensed Nurse by implementing and utilizing the nursing process in accordance with hospital standards and procedures for the purpose of increasing patient functional status.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care to an assigned group of patients, utilizing basic skills and knowledge.
- Performs procedural tasks and assists ADL, considering patient’s age and cultural/psychosocial factors.
- Observes and reports patient’s condition, activities and needs to licensed nurse accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates specialty skills and knowledge appropriate to patient population.
- Correctly performs technical procedures listed on the unit specific skills checklist as delegated by the Licensed Nurse.
- Documents data according to unit/hospital policy. Records treatments or procedures performed legibly and accurately.
- Records I & O’s, vital signs, and other data promptly.
- Supports unit/hospital goals through PI and educational activities.
- Attends mandatory in-services and meets unit educational standards.
- Accurately completes variance reports.
- Modifies behaviors or performance to comply with care standards and unit requirements.
- Performs environmental activities to maintain a clean and orderly patient room/unit.
- Completes assigned unit duties.
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Transports patients, food, supplies and equipment, and specimens as necessary.
Education:High School Diploma or GED. Completion of the Saint Francis Hospital Nurse Technician Training Program or completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Program. Previous health care related experience will be considered.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification:CPR Certification required within 30 days of hire.
Work Experience:0 – 6 months related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Ability to organize and prioritize work in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to be detail oriented as required in the documentation of numerical data.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability