Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fort Sill, OK 73503
• Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
• Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
• Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
• Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting/bending equipment/tools.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
• Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solder joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
• Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
• Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
• Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
• Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution.
• Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.