Meteorologist - Norman, OK NC52600576
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norman, OK 73071
Meteorologist – Norman, OK NC52600576 Norman, OK, US
Job Description – Provides expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Recognized as technical leader and resource.
- Recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Responsible for all internal activities and product development.
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
- Participate in wind farm studies and evaluate the impacts of wind farm projects.
- Maintain a database of all wind farm parameters and provide summary statistics as required/requested.
- Provide technical support to management in responding to inquiries from federal or state agencies, foreign countries, U.S citizens regarding weather radar issues.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills – Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology; Master’s degree preferred and 10-+ years of experience providing radar meteorological services.
- Specialized experience in Doppler weather radar meteorological applications, in evaluating Doppler weather radar data and products, and in producing analytic reports is desired.
- Experience in computer systems analysis, design, and programming is desired.
- Knowledge of procedures involved with weather radar equipment and systems, testing, certification, and validation are desired.
- Skills in customer relations, using relational databases, computer programming, and graphical interfaces are desired.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52600576
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco’s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Systems Design & Engineering
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
+ —>Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000