Landscape Laborer/Crew Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yukon, OK 73099
The Landscape Partners, 14900 N. Sara Road, Yukon, OK 73099 (817) 284-7900
- 25 temporary, full-time Landscape Laborer/Crew Leader positions from 4/1/19 to 11/15/19 for work in Canadian, Blaine, Kingfisher, and Pottawatomie counties, and within the Oklahoma City, OK MSA.
- No minimum education required. 3 months Landscape Laborer experience required. On the job training provided.
- Job Duties: Landscape or maintain grounds using hand or power tools or equipment. Lay sod, mow, edge, plant, water lawns and flower beds, fertilize, dig holes for plants, rake and blow leaves. Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges using shears, pruners, or chain saw. May drive trucks or other vehicles to or at work sites. Non-supervisory role. From time to time, after training, may perform duties requiring a limited amount of discretion such as assisting supervisor in directing other Landscape Laborers and assisting supervisor in coordinating activities of other Landscape Laborers.
- Minimum 35 hours per week. Normal workdays Monday-Thursday from 7:00am-6:00pm. Workdays and shift time may vary with weather.
- Rate of pay: $12.92 per hour. Employer may increase wage based on experience and/or provide additional pay for performance and tenure. Overtime hours may be available, but not guaranteed. Overtime rate of pay: $19.38 per hour.
- A single workweek will be used to compute wages due. Pay received weekly. Employer will make all deductions from the worker’s paycheck required by law.
- Optional uniform available for purchase, cost approximately $200 can be payroll deducted if worker elects.
- Transportation provided from main worksite in Canadian County to multiple worksites in Canadian, Blaine, Kingfisher, and Pottawatomie counties, and within the Oklahoma City, OK MSA.
- Employer will provide worker at no charge all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform job.
- Employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
- Employer will reimburse H-2B workers in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (excluding passport fees).
- If worker completes half the employment period, employer will reimburse the worker for transportation and subsistence from the place of recruitment to the place of work. Upon completion of the employment period or where the worker is dismissed earlier, the employer will provide or pay for worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work, except where the worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where the employer has appropriately reported a worker’s voluntary abandonment of employment. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. Daily subsistence will be provided at a rate of at least $12.26 per day during travel to a maximum of $51 per day with receipts. If necessary, employer will reimburse worker within first pay period for approved cost of meals and lodging at the applicable exchange rate, not to exceed reasonable costs. Receipts must be submitted.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or able to apply for a driver’s license within 7 days of starting employment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Post-employment criminal background check and drug test required, cost paid by employer. Must be able to work Monday through Thursday, plus Friday, Saturday, and holidays when needed. Applicants must complete an employment application.
- Inquire about the job opportunity or send an application and/or resume, indicating availability, to OKC Eastside Workforce Center, 7401 NE 23rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73141 (405) 713-1890 https://okjobmatch.com EOE/M/F/D/V