Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Shawnee, OK 74802
Under supervision, operate stationary and portable radiologic equipment to obtain routine diagnostic radiographs in surgical areas of the hospital while adhering to established aseptic techniques when required.
- Assist Radiologists in performing routine fluoroscopic procedures and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary to include the injection of contrast media.
- Determine appropriate technique to be used by interpretation of diagnostic request and insure Patient Consent for Operative Procedure is signed prior to an invasive procedure.
- Examine finished radiographs to insure quality of requested anatomical views. Process own radiologic film, transports patients as necessary, restocks rooms to ensure availability of all required supplies prior to end of each work shift.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing diagnostic radiology services for patient population served.
- Maintain designated departmental records.
- Operate various radiologic equipment in a safe, prescribed manner to insure quality, cost efficient radiographs with minimal discomfort to the patient including mobile radiographs on the floors and in the emergency rooms.
- Orient radiographic students and other new department employees on departmental policies and procedures and foster appreciation and development for the Radiology profession.
- Recognize and report malfunctions in the radiographic or fluoroscopic unit and ancillary accessories. Report these malfunctions to the Radiology Systems Technician or supervisor.
- Use radiopaque markers to indicate anatomical side, position, or other relevant information.
- Utilize cross-training to perform surgery/radiographic tasks in the surgery suites. Specifically, perform tasks with the C-Arm, the G.U. radiographic equipment and portable x-ray unit in surgical cases.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography – OR – registry eligible with registration obtained within 6 months of graduation – OR – student in final semester of program with graduation achieved on schedule and registration obtained within 6 months of graduation.
- Graduation from a School of Radiologic Technology or student in final semester of program. Registry (ARRT) signifies education requirements have been met.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital -
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Organization: SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Shawnee-SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital (0024) 1102 W. MacArthur St. Shawnee, 74804
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18016424