Adjunct - Political Science
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73163
- Job Summary
Teaches Political Science courses during fall and spring semester of 2018-2019 school year on an adjunct basis.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain student and course records.
2. Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
3. Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods..
4. Completes all mandatory training
5. Other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Position Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
- Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
Masters with minimum of 18 graduate hours in political science.
Minimum of 1 year of teaching at the high school, college or university level
Duties require extended periods of standing, sitting, talking, listening and computer usage.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.