Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pocasset, OK 73079
Department: Card Games
Job Title: Blackjack Dealer
General Definition: Deal casino card games as assigned in order to provide a courteous and entertaining experience for all guests and generate revenue for the department.
Supervision Received: Pit Supervisor and/or Floor Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Job Functions:
• Each employee is required to support the mission of the Chickasaw Nation upon becoming a member of the Chickasaw Nation team. Our mission is “To enhance the overall quality of life of the Chickasaw People”.
• Every employee is responsible to create a winning experience for our guests. What is a “winning experience”? It encompasses exemplary guest services, salesmanship of our players’ cards and all properties, and a true passion to serve our guests.
• Deal card games and perform simple mathematic calculations mentally at such a speed and accuracy level in order to maintain the entertainment value of the game for customers and to Chickasaw Nation Division of Commerce (CNDC) standards to include but not limited to counting card values and monetary win/loss
• Escalate problematic customer issues to the Floor Supervisor/Pit Supervisor to provide a timely resolution to ensure maximum level of customer satisfaction
• Maintain security of games and monies by remaining at the assigned table and keeping visual contact with customers, game layout and chip rack at all times
• Provide instructions to guest when requested or as assigned in order to encourage gaming activity
• Coordinate with Casino Operations and Surveillance to detect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to ensure games integrity and protection
• Clean assigned area by aligning seats close to tables, emptying ash trays, and disposing of trash with goal of maximizing customer satisfaction with facility cleanliness
• Conform to internal controls and adhere to proper dealing procedures as set forth by CNDC based on knowledge of applicable rules and regulations of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and established policies and procedures
• Performing other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations mentally at such a speed and accuracy level so to maintain the entertainment value of the game for customers and to company standards to include but not limited to counting card values and monetary win/loss.
• Ability to assist customers by enhancing their entertainment experience.
• Must be friendly with an outgoing personality.
• Must be able to follow all instructions, written and oral.
• Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
• Must be able to work in a casino environment where second hand smoke and flashing lights are present
Training and Experience:
• Must successfully complete CNDC dealing school.