Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pocasset, OK 73079
Job Title: Security Officer
General Definition: Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests and employees while protecting Chickasaw Nation property by patrolling and monitoring premises.
Supervision Received: Security Assistant Shift Supervisor, Security Shift Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Job Functions:
• Each employee is required to support the mission of the Chickasaw Nation upon becoming a member of the Chickasaw Nation team. Our mission is “To enhance the overall quality of life of the Chickasaw People”.
• Every employee is responsible to create a winning experience for our guests. What is a “winning experience”? It encompasses exemplary guest services, salesmanship of our players’ cards and all properties, and a true passion to serve our guests.
• Monitors and ensures the safety of guests, employees and tribal assets through constant patrol and observation of all assigned areas and reporting activities in accordance with departmental guidelines.
• Monitors and maintains control of facility access points and permitted areas of entry and responds to sounding alarms ensuring the safety of employees, guest and tribal assets. Assists other departments when emergency conditions threaten or actually exist (Fire, weather, medical, etc) to assure the facility is protected.
• Prepares reports based upon observations, information and occurrences to ensure compliance with departmental standard operating procedures.
• Assists in maintaining customer and employee confidence and safeguards the operations by maintaining confidentiality of all information they may be exposed to in the performance of their duties.
• May be required to monitor the opening and closing of machines for routine repairs and maintenance to ensure the integrity of the machine is maintained.
• May be required to provide escort for the transfer of monies at or within the facilities.
• Interpreting and enforcing established guidelines in conjunction with operations in order to protect the assets of the Chickasaw Nation.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read, understand, apply, and retain knowledge of departmental rules, regulations, and policies.
• Must be able to work various hours as needed, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to operate a hand-held radio and must be able to learn Security radio codes.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
• May be required to lift/carry up to 50 lbs based on facility needs.
• Must be able to understand and apply oral or written instructions.
• Must be able to prepare hand written, legible reports, and type written reports in a clear concise language based upon facility needs.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, and establish facts.
• Have good communication skills and work successfully in a team environment.
• Basic computer and typewriting skills necessary, to include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to sit at a desk/computer for at least one (1) continuous hour at a time.
• Must be 21 years of age to carry firearm and/or taser; may be required to carry firearm and/or taser.
• Must be able to work in fast paced, noisy, smoke filled casino environment.
• Ability to work in environment not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions for long periods of time.
Training and Experience:
• Prior experience in Security preferred, Law Enforcement and Military a plus.
• Knowledge of the gaming industry is also a plus.