Soft Count Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pocasset, OK 73079
Department: Soft Count
Job Title: Soft Count Clerk
General Definition: Responsible for collecting all bill acceptors from electronic gaming machines and money canisters from Blackjack and Poker. Performs initial count and verification of collected monies from electronic gaming machines and turns these funds over to the vault.
Supervision Received: Soft Count Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Job Functions:
• Each employee is required to support the mission of the Chickasaw Nation upon becoming a member of the Chickasaw Nation team. Our mission is “To enhance the overall quality of life of the Chickasaw People”.
• Every employee is responsible to create a winning experience for our guests. What is a “winning experience”? It encompasses exemplary guest services, salesmanship of our players’ cards and all properties, and a true passion to serve our guests
• Count money collected for recording to ensure amounts are documented.
• Open bill acceptors in the secured Soft Count room from electronic games and places the currency and ticket in ticket outs into the currency counter.
• Complete appropriate documentation through the Bally’s system to be sent to Accounting and delivers monies to vault area.
• Take currency and ticket in ticket out received from the kiosks and runs through the currency counter in order to separate the bill by denomination and send 1st count totals to accounting.
• Destroy used playing cards by using a machine to punch a hole in them. Cards are then sold, discarded or donated.
• Remove canisters from Blackjack, Poker, and Electronic Game bill acceptors and places them on a secured cart to transport them to the secured Soft Count Room for initial count and verification.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to operate currency and coin counters, general knowledge of computer operating software, general knowledge of cash register operations, general knowledge of accounting principles.
• Must be able to push, pull and lift fifty (50) pounds.
• Must be team oriented.
• Must have the ability to understand written and oral communication.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Training and Experience:
• One year banking and/or cash handling experience is preferred.
• Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Chickasaw Gaming Commission.
• Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
• Must complete Title 31 testing.