Refinery Code Welder
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
ARDMORE, OK 73403
- Welds according to Valero’s engineering specifications on plant process piping, equipment, and structural steel.
- Makes weld repairs according to Valero’s engineering specs on piping, valves, towers, tanks, exchangers, compressors, fin fans, furnaces, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of rig piping, machinery and equipment according to OSHA standards.
- Performs pipefitting work on piping (i.e. screwed and welded pipe).
- Demonstrates ability to interpret material safety data sheets (MSDSs), hazardous material identification system (HMIS), environmental safety and maintenance instructions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in each of the welding, pipefitting, boilermaking, and rigging crafts required.
- Oklahoma State Welding Certification required.
- Demonstrated ability in quality X-Ray welds on process piping using GTAW and SMAW welding procedures is required.
- Experience fabricating piping from CAD or Blueprint drawings required.
- Must be able to complete tests using approved welding procedures in accordance with A.S.M.E. Section IX, B 31.3 required.
- Ability to complete all tests in the 6G position required.
- Must be able to pass the following weld tests immediately: TP2-640, TP2-280, TP2-6XX, TP308-640 required.
- Must be able to pass the following weld tests within 180 days: TP MONEL-240 and Chromeweld required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.3 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Ardmore Refinery
The Valero Ardmore Refinery has gone through numerous upgrades since its purchase by Valero in 2001. The refinery has been continuously modernized over the years with the objective of processing heavier, sour crudes while maintaining a high product yield establishing the refinery as a leader in the production of clean-burning fuels, especially in the Oklahoma region. In addition to production and processing, the refinery also has more than 2.4 million barrels of refined product storage.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-OK-Ardmore
Job Posting: Jan 31, 2017, 8:56:49 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 170011L