Assistant Director for International Student Programs
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norman, OK 73019
The assistant director for international student programs works closely with the international?student services leadership team and campus partners to create and?implement programs,?workshops, and events that enhance the international student experience at the University of?Oklahoma. As the advisor for the International Advisory Committee, the assistant director assists?IAC in executing their cultural events throughout the year, attends biweekly meetings, helps?maintain budgetary and university policy oversight, provides leadership development, and advises?on any issues that arise on the team. The assistant director coordinates the in-person Crimson?Connection orientation for new international students including the NISO Peer Mentor program,?Friends to International Students, and serves on various scholarship committees. Some evenings?and weekends required.
- Recommend and implement procedures.?
- Collaborate with other OU departments, such as the Center for Student Life, to develop and provide further programming for international students.
- Responsible for necessary financial documents, to review and to approve financial statement reconciliations for the lAC student organization and manage a budget.?
- Coordinate the Friends to International Students Host Family program, including recruiting and retaining host families, matching hosts with students, creating events throughout the semester, and other tasks as needed.?
- Plan and implement workshops and excursion programs specifically designed for international student acculturation, including International Education and Awareness Weeks.?
- Organize and oversee the New International Student Orientation (NISO) Experience, including managing the online orientation, supervising NISO Peer Mentors, obtaining sponsorships for the Resource Fair, running Crimson Connection in-person orientation and liaising with multiple departments to coordinate speakers, and other welcome tasks as needed.?
- Coordinate various international student scholarships such as the Lions Club scholarship, International Student Emergency Fund, and serve on CASH scholarship committee.
- Supervise and train student assistants and interns.
- Support programming for international student groups and serve as staff advisor for International Advisory Committee (IAC); i.e. advise and help coordinate all IAC programs such as IAC leadership retreat, International Bazaar, International Prom, Mr. and Ms. International OU, Eve of Nations banquet, and other programs as needed. Review and approve financial statement reconciliations for IAC and manage the budget. Attend international student meetings as requested by students such as cultural nights, and any relevant international student event at the University as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity